أسرة كنيسة مارمرقس الرسول
Please join us as we embark on the holiest journey of the year - the blessed, sacred, and much-anticipated Holy Week. We pray that each and every one of us shares in the blessing of walking step by step with our Lord Jesus Christ to His Cross and may we rise up with Him on the Feast of His Holy Resurrection.Let us rejoice in Him who conquered death by His death and bestowed life on those who are in the tombs!
Due to the limited capacity at the St Mark’s facilities, this year we are blessed to have a second location in which we will celebrate the three largest occasions of the week, in addition to the services held at St. Mark’s Church: Palm Sunday, Good Friday, and The Feast of Resurrection. Please be assured that this location will have the “church feel” to it - we have made special arrangements to ensure that. These services will be celebrated at Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles,14750 Conference Center Drive, Chantilly, Virginia 20151. This location can accommodate over 600 people, and we have a section prepared for children. *Please note that parking is FREE, and there is also valet parking available.
Palm Sunday Service: April 28, 2013 7:00 am - 1:00 pm (Father Bishoy)
Good Friday Service: May 3, 20137:00am - 4:00 pm (Father Domadious)
Feast of the Resurrection: May 4, 2013 6:30 pm - 11:00 pm (Father Paul)
PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING:
1) During this upcoming Easter Holy week and on regular basis, please ensure that your children are by your side at all times.
2) Please follow the ushers instructions closely; they have graciously and selflessly volunteered to serve the church and the congregation during Holy Week. Ushers will not allow children to enter and exit the church without an adult companion during the Pascha services.
3) If you are attending services at the church - Just like every year at this time, a police car will be on the premises during the services to enforce the law and for your safety. Cars parked in the fire lanes will be towed.Please carpool to church to ease the parking limitation on everyone.
4) If you are going to bring any foods to church to share with others, please make sure that you take responsibility for discarding any left-over items before you leave the church.
5) We are looking for volunteers to assist with parking at St. Mark’s, and at the Westfields Hotel for set-up and clear out. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
We look forward to seeing you and celebrating this most holy season.
St. Mark’s Operations Committee
Sat, April 20, 2013