Role & Function
Perform all accounting aspects and provide accurate, timely, concise quantitative financial information to Management in order to facilitate sound decision making.
· Prepare and enter normal, recurring, payroll cross charges, accruals and intercompany journal entries for month-end close.
· Review all prepaid accounts; expense appropriate transactions.
· Generates monthly financial statements for assigned stations.
· Review and approve AP batches for assigned stations.
· Compute and accrue airport fees and prepare check requests for all stations.
· Compute fuel/diesel year-end tax credit all stations and provide to Tax Department for return preparation.
· Review and assist in preparation of annual budgets for all stations.
· Analytical review of month ends income statements and research variances between actual and budget.
· Compile and present monthly results for review to the Accounting Manager.
· Research discrepancies between stations anticipated results and that of the preliminary income statements and communicate with each respective station.
· Reconcile physical inventories of fuel to amounts recorded in the general ledger. Investigate and document reasons for variances.
· Prepare monthly accruals for Fuel Tax refunds.
· Prepare reports for airport fees and ensure that payments are submitted timely to meet permit requirements.
· Accounts payable voucher review and approval for accuracy for invoices over $5,000 on a weekly basis. Verify A/P entries are booked into the correct accounting period, cost center and account.
· Budget Review – Receive budget packages from the stations. Utilizing historical reports, assumptions and directives from Management, analyze revenue and expenses for reasonableness. Ensure that the budget numbers are uploaded accurately into the accounting system and thereafter perform a quality control review of the budget results in Lawson and communicate accordingly with the stations.
· Conduct a minimum of two station audits per year.
· Respond to airport authority audits.
· Assist the external auditors in the annual audits by providing them with schedules and other information as required.
· Assist with various projects as requested. (Daily)
· Research vacation variances and discuss with stations.
All other duties as may be required
Key Performance Indicators
· Accurately and timely reports
· Customer satisfaction
· 4 Year degree in accounting
· 1-3 years of accounting experience
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Strong analytical skills
· Good knowledge of MS Office and intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
· Strong oral and written communication / presentation skills
· Ability to work under demanding deadlines, flexible, communicative and ability to work in teams
· Good decision making skills based on facts and analysis
· Strong customer focus and problem solving skills
· Personal and professional integrity of the highest order
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.