|2014 Patristics Symposium - Talk 1
||2015 Symposium Promo
"From the Garden to the City" - A Patristic Symposium Engaging with the Early Church Fathers in the Contemporary World
With the blessing of His Holiness Pope Tawadros II, St. Mark Coptic Orthodox Church of Washington, DC in partnership with St. Cyril of Alexandria Orthodox Christian Society is pleased to announce its 2nd Patristic Symposium entitled "From the Garden to the City." The Symposium will focus on the Orthodox frame of mind in addressing contemporary challenges through the eyes of the Early Church Fathers. Lectures will be delivered by a diverse group of theologians followed by an open panel discussion. It will take place from July 17-19 at St. Mark Coptic Orthodox Church.
COST AND REGISTRATION
The early bird cost to participate in the Symposium is $100.00 for the entire weekend. The cost includes a meal on Friday night, breakfast and lunch on Saturday and lunch on Sunday. The price will increase to $125 on June 22 and $150 on July 6.
In order to register, click on the link below:
You must be at least 19 years old to register. For inquiries to exceptions about the age requirement you may send an email to email@example.com.
** TENTATIVE PROGRAM
Friday, July 17: 7:00pm-10:00pm, St. Mark Coptic Orthodox Church
Saturday, July 18: 8:30am-4:00pm, St. Mark Coptic Orthodox Church
Sunday, July 19: 9:00am-3:00pm, St. Mark Coptic Orthodox Church
** Topics and speakers may be subject to change:
Program & Schedule
Speakers: Fr. Mark Aziz, Fr. Seraphim El Baramosy, Fr. Michael Sorial, Donna Rizk, Mike Wingert, Emmanuel Gergis.
All participants are responsible for making their own arrangements. There are several hotels within a few minutes of St. Mark's.
Fair Oaks Marriott
Cancellations before June 30 will receive a full refund. Any cancellations after June 30 will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. There will be no refunds on or after July 10. For refunds please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
- Are accommodations included in the cost? No, accommodations are not included in the cost. Each participant is responsible for their own accommodations.
- Can I walk in and attend or do I need to register? As of now, there will be no walk-in attendees allowed; everyone must register for the Symposium using the link above.
- Can I receive academic credit with St. Cyril Society? Yes, academic credit can be earned with more details on how to receive credit being provided at the Symposium.
- Can I pay for or attend only part of the Symposium? No, there are no partial registrations. You must pay the full registration fee of $100.00.
- Can my children attend with me? No children will be allowed at the Symposium and you must be at least 19 years old to register and participate in the Symposium.
- Can I register and pay for the Symposium when I arrive? No, there will be no walk-in signups or registrants. You should register and pay for the Symposium using the link above beforehand in order to guarantee a spot. Space is limited.
- Will child care be provided? Yes, child care can be provided only on Saturday for the cost of $15 per child for children up to the age of 10 but you must register your child. Spots for child care will be limited and provided on a first come, first served basis.
For any other questions, please email email@example.com.